Monday, October 4, 2010

Day 26, 1 Oct 2010, 0km Lawn Hill Gorge

Today was one magic day. Everything people had told me about Lawn Hill was true and then some. I slept badly last night as I have every night in the tent. Shit, I hate getting old!  Awake at 5am, I had a cold shower, ate breakfast and went down at 8.15am to hire a canoe. Not cheap, but it was so worth doing. I then had over two entrancing hours slowly canoeing up and back down this incredible gorge. For the main, I had it to myself, which made it even more special. Lawn Hill Gorge has to be one of the most beautiful places on earth and I didn’t want to bring the canoe back. Canoeing is fun and I can well see why Wayne and Sue love it. I have gotta get me one of those!. After lunch, I did a couple of short walks, but it was incredibly hot and most of the afternoon was spent reading a book in the shade. After dinner, I went to bed early as I was pretty tired. Sleeping badlt doesn't help either.
This place should be on every bodies bucket list

Water falls created by calcite build up






This place is absolutely magic

No comments:

Post a Comment