Friday, October 8, 2010

Day 33, 8.10.2010, 425km, Cobar

It badly needs a clean, but I am so rapt with the big lady. The BMW has done a fantastic job
The Back of Bourke Centre was very interesting
Not a bad day today apart from a tummy bug I think I picked up in Tambo. Either that or its just bad diet that is a consequence of being on the road. I'll get better soon. Anyway I had a reasonably good night last night. Cunnamulla is a nice little town; like a lot of smaller country town it is struggling to survive, but it is the kind of place I usually like to stay. More personal and friendly as a rule. Because of the rain, I got some washing done, so I had fresh clothes today. The weather had cleared and it was much cooler. I actually wore a windcheater for the first time in weeks. The first and only stop today was at Bourke (a place I had never been to before). The best bit was the Back of Bourke Centre. There seems to be a few of these in outback Australia, where government money has been spent to create a tourism venture which celebrates the culture and history of rural areas. In the main they are very well planned and thought out and this one was no different. I spent a very interested hour checking out the hardships and disasters that the regions pioneers experienced. After a bite to eat, a visit to the bank for money and a fill up with petrol, I was on the road again to Cobar, where I have another cabin in the caravan park, once again watching the Commonwealth Games.
Farewell Queensland; it's been fun. Hullo NSW

No comments:

Post a Comment