Thursday, October 7, 2010

Day 32, 7.10.2010, 359km, Cunnamulla

Had a tough night last night. Tambo is a very small town. The best accommodation I could manage was a room at the Hotel-Motel, which was disgustingly filthy. The water smelled of sewerage, two of the staff had to be sent home with bad gastro and I have always disliked pub meals. I slept pretty badly as it was right beside the highway. I left pretty early as a result not feeling well. I made good time just the same and at Charleville had a very enjoyable hour at the Cosmos Centre, which is a small space research centre. The guide was a very enthusiastic science geek and I learned a lot from him. On leaving I noted a large rapidly advancing cloud front, so kept going and just made Cunnamulla as the rain started at about 2pm. For the rest of the afternoon it bucketed down, so I washed some clothes and watched the Commonwealth Games. The van which I have tonight is a big improvement and well away from traffic, so I hope I sleep better tonight. I am about 3 days ahead of schedule, so I am looking at the map for other opportunities to explore previously unridden roads before getting to Melbourne on the 14th.
The Cosmos Centre at Charleville

No comments:

Post a Comment