Monday, October 4, 2010

Day 29, 4 Oct 2010, 309 km Boulia

Inside the Min Min Light I
Intrepretation Centre
On the road to Boulia - hot sunblasted country

 I decided to have a look at Boulia because it was on the way I wanted to go, I hadn't been there before and I wanted to hear more about the Min Min Light phenomenon. Once again today was baking hot, but it's not too bad when I am moving, but pretty ordinary when I stop. so I just kept going till I got here. A highlight of tady was visiting the Min Min Light interpretation centre. It seems that the light appears spasmodically at night and frightens the daylights out of the people who see it, but no one has any idea what it is or what causes it. It certainly is a central part of the folk lore of this region. Boulia also has a great dinosoar collection so it was good to see that too. The curator was very chatty and we had a great yarn. Got a nice cabin for tonight and then heading towards Winton tomorrow to see their Outback Centre. Cheers
Ichthyosaur fossils at Boulia

No comments:

Post a Comment