Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day 31, 6.10.2010, 320km, Tambo

A bit of a funny day today. At least it wasn't so hot, but at present mostly I am going over roads That I have been on before, which I don't enjoy so much. I had a bit of a cruisy start, visiting the Qantas Museum. I had seen a documentary some time ago about a bunch of pilots who had found and restored a Lockheed Constellation and flown it to Australia. I thought it had come to the Longreach Museum, but I was informed it is in South Australia. Apart from that the Longreach Museum is much the same as 4 years ago when I saw it last. The same with the Stockmans Hall of Fame. I had a look for a while, but it was much the same as last time. Both are great sites, but really only seeing the once. After that I headed south, turning left at Barcaldine and headuing towards Charleville, which is new territory for me, so hopefully tomorrow should be more interesting.

DC3 at the Qantas Museum

The Stockmans Hall of Fame
An early Qantas plane

No comments:

Post a Comment