Sunday, October 17, 2010

Days 39 to 42, 17.10.2010, 410km Mt Eliza & Phillip Island

Pre race rider parade - that's Rossi
The Island - check out the mud
Well the big trip is nearly over. Over the last few days I have had the privilege of being pampered by Rose and Brian, who as always have been extremely good to me. Firstly, I had to give my bike a serious clean and wash some clothes. I helped Brian and Rose in the garden cutting up some trees that had fallen down in recent winds. After that I took the bike into Frankston Yamaha to get new tyres fitted. The old ones were completely shot. I missed Friday at Phillip Island as the weather was diaboliocal, non stop wind and rain. Saturday I went down to Phillip Island despite the wind and rain. Walked through a sea of mud and sat with Wayne and Sue to watch the qualiying sessions. Casey was fastest. Today I was back at Phillip Island. The weather had cleared and despite the mud, managed to check out the GP Expo and do some great shopping. The racing was fantastic culminating with Casey Stoner wining the GP. What a buzz. A super weekend despite the weather. Tomorrow, I am flying to Sydney for 3 days work, but after that I have 3 more days left of this adventure before I get home. I'll let you know how that goes. Cheers
With Wayne and Sue at the Island

No comments:

Post a Comment