Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 36, 11.10.2010, 533km, Ouyen

Bit of a nothing day today. I left Griffith with some regrets. It is a lovely place, where I could easily spend some more time some day. The rest of the day was just an endless procession of farm land. I had a nice coffee and pastry at Jerilderie before I crossed into Victoria at Barham, headed up the Murray to past Swan Hill and turned left for Ouyen. There was stuff I could have had a look at around Kerang and Swan Hill, but I have been there before and as always I'm looking for new roads and new experiences. I was last here in this caravan park at Ouyen 40 years ago when I was just a pimply 18 year old on my 350 Honday twin. Incredibly the place hasn't changed a bit. It's still run down and grotty. Still, it's cheap and it's a bed. Last time I slept in my tent. Lord I'm getting old!! Tomorrow should be more interesting.
The Bridge across the Murray River at Barham. It's very old by Australian Standards
Entering Barham on the Murray River

No comments:

Post a Comment