Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 10, 15th Sept. 2010 611km

The Japanese gardens at Toowoomba
Roick formations at the Toowoomba Japanese Gardens
A big day today, but ultimately a good time, although it didn't stay that way. Last night the heavens opened up big time. Thunder, lightning and hours of torrential rain, which made me extremely glad I took the motel rather than the tent. Thankfully it blew over by morning, although it was still extremely cold and windy. I wanted an early start, so I left Walcha at 6.30am. At Uralla I was able to buy a pastie and a hot chocolate at the local bakery. Progressively as the day went on and I got further north, it slowly warmed up, although it remained windy all day. By the Queensland border, I was able to shed a few layers. and by Warwick, I was able to shed some more in addition to visiting the bank for some money and having a coffee and cake at Macca's. Then on to Toowoomba where I achieved one of the objectives of the trip and that was to visit the Japanese Garden at the University of SE Queensland. Not the best Japanese garden I have ever seen, But lovely just the same. I have a passion for Japanese gardens and try to visit them wherever I can as I am quietly building an asian style garden at home. After that it was back into Brisbane traffic madness to find my way to Margie and Trevors, where I will spend the next couple of days doing maintenance, getting new tyres fitted, getting a haircut, doing washing and fitting a quiet ride or two with my good mate Trevor. Catch you again soon. PS I am so rapt in the BMW. It sat outside in the rain all last night and started first press of the button this morning, running perfectly all day.
Crossing the Queensland border

No comments:

Post a Comment