Monday, September 20, 2010

Day 15, 20th Sept. 2010, 12km, Mackay

It was a good thing I planned to spend the day in Mackay today. Yesterday, as I was heading towards Mackay, I could see the black clouds building up in the mountains behind the town. Overnight the weather broke big time. It was the heaviest, loudest thunderstorm I can ever remember. Over 200mm of rain was dumped on Mackay over 24 hours. Regardless, I had the BM booked in for a service at the local motorcycle shop, so I rode in to town through the deluge. Dropped the bike off and went into town where I fixed things up at the bank, sorted out the laptop which seized last night, bought some socks and jocks and had a long quiet look around Mackay. Nice town. When the bike was ready, I rode through the rain back to the caravan park, put on the panniers and went out to get some tucker. After that I stipped off (I was soaked) and started to dry things out. That's about it for today.  A quiet one, but the weather has lifted so I will head towards Ingham tomorrow. Catch you then
What a miserable day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment