Sunday, September 26, 2010

Day 21, 26.9.2010, 422km, Chillagoe,

Capatin Cook statue


Skybury Coffee Plantation - great food coffee, food and atmosphere
Entering Chillagoe Caves
Had a great day today. It was a quiet night last night at Cooktown, just reading and taking it easy and rebuilding after the disappointment of Cape York. Left the lovely Peninsula Caravan Park and had a quiet look around Cooktown before leaving. Fortunately the developers haven't hit the place much yet. It's still a quiet back water, well worth visiting as an alternative to Towensville or Cairns. After that I hit the road back to Mareeba, where I raided the bank, filled the bike and went out to Skybury Coffee Plantation where I had a Mocha and a plate full of pancakes. A nice place and much better than the tacky Coffee World on the other side of town. I then headed inland and rode past countless mango and banana plantations into the Savannah to Chilligoe, where I bought a ticket and did the Chilligoe Caves tour. It was very interestinga nd at two hours quite good value. I'm now in a cheap overnight room at the caravan park. Catch you again tomorrow after I head west and hopefully end up somewhere Cobbold Gorge. Cheers
Cooktown foreshore - paradise indeed

No comments:

Post a Comment