Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 13, 18th Sept 2010, 611km, Cania Gorge

Lake Wivenhoe at Sunrise
Cania Gorge, View from trhe walk
View of fern pool from the walk
I had an early start today. Trevor had to catch a plane to Sydney as his mother is very sick, so I decided to leave at the same time making a 4.30am start. It was sad to say goodbye to two such wonderful friends, who have always been so good to me over the years. This meant I could get a free run through the manic Brisbane traffic to the Ipswich Expressway. I took the turn off to Esk and Lake Wivenhoe. I stopped at Nanango for a coffee and a pie and same again at Eisvold, but apart from that kept going. It was bitterly cold with rain threatening, but apart from a few drops reewmained quite dry. A long drive, but because of the early start, I was at Cania Gorge by about 2pm. Cania Gorge was one of the objectives I had set myself for this trip, so it was good to get there. Actually it wasn't all that spectacular, but a nice spot anyway. I put up the tent and went for a 5.2km walk to check out the views. I then cooked a basic dinner before crashing. Couldn't do the blog as there was no reception, so this is actually done a day later. Cheers
Arriving at Cania Gorge

No comments:

Post a Comment