Monday, September 27, 2010

Day 22, 27.9.10, 494km, Georgetown

Hou Wang Chinese Temple and Museum at Atherton - Closed yet again!
Millstream Falls near Ravenshoe
Another good day today. I left Chillagoe at about 8am. I could have seen some more things, but I am now focussing on getting to Lawn Hill, so I decided to head west today. First thouggh I had to head east back to Mareeba and then south to the Savannah Way. There was a short cut on the map, but after the Cape York debacle, I have become very wary of these north Queensland dirt roads. At a pretty little town called Mutchilba, I stopped for an icecream and to post some postcards to the folks at work to let them know I am still alive. One nice part of todays trip was to visit the Millstream Falls which were very pretty. Apart from that though, I just kept going. Lord it did get hot though. Not far from here it was reported to be 39 degrees C. Wayne and Sue had raved about Cobbold Gorge, so I am off down there tomorrow for the day. I'm in a cabin again tonight which might be just as well as there are huge lightning bolts on the horizon tonight, so we may get some rain. I'll see how the morning looks as to whether I stay here another night, but after that I will head for Karumba. Cheers
Somewhere near Chillagoe

No comments:

Post a Comment